First post!

How does one create a first blog post? I mean, presumably no one is going to read this, right? CJ suggested I start off with a picture of a cat and that seemed reasonable.




I freely admit that half the reason I am doing this is to boost my cred over here, where currently my user profile points to the website for Elmer's glue. Plus, many of my more ranty or yahooish posts keep getting deleted with the instructions to GYOFB. So there, I GMOFB.

I thought it might be nice to have a place to vent my frustrations and observations on life as a primary care doc. I realize no one cares, but a busy 12 hours in the clinic and the hospital can put a lot of crazy ideas in your head and honestly, I think Mrs. Sour Puss is getting tired of hearing it. Not that she would ever say so. I am actually not a terribly bitter person, just vocal. I am frequently surprised when people point this out to me.

I spend a fair amount of time reading other people's blogs and I suspect I will link to things that are stated much better than I might be able to articulate. In the coming weeks, I expect I will write about training for my first ever marathon in May of 2008 as well as my upcoming trip to India in January.

Finally, I am hoping to link to some of my band's extremely amateurish recording. In my free time, I am an avid practitioner of the rock music and when I am not messing around on the computer, I am usually messing around in the basement with amplified musical instruments.

Comments

MattWilsonMD said…
Ahh, the first comment on your blog. What an honor. But what to write for this comment, maybe something whitty or profound? Hmmm... nothing's coming to me... oh, oh, wait - i think it's coming...

Nope, sorry. I guess it's all up to you John.

Popular posts from this blog

Shifting the demand curve: the microeconomics of low barrier buprenorphine treatment.

The Invisible Work

Transitions...